I get "Could not compile used unit XYZ" error when trying to compile my project with new version EurekaLog (I used the previous version of EurekaLog with fine result).
It seems that there was some kind of installation issue, so now your project uses the mix of two different versions of EurekaLog. It also may be that EurekaLog is not registered in your IDE or registered inproperly. Another uncommon reason for this error is using old/obsolete version of the same IDE without installing latest update packs.
- Check your IDE. EurekaLog is compiled against the latest IDE updates/patches/hotfixes. It is possible that the latest version of RTL/VCL for your IDE is not fully binary compatible with older version of RTL/VCL. Therefore, if one of unit names mentioned in the error message belongs to RTL/VCL (like Windows, SysUtils, etc.):
- Check that your IDE has all latest updates/patches/hotfixes installed (recommended).
- If you have Enterprise edition of EurekaLog (comes with full source code) - then you can recompile EurekaLog for older version of RTL/VCL (not recommended).
- Check virtualization:
- If you are using old IDE version on modern OS - see if there is anything related to your IDE, your project, or EurekaLog in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore folder.
- Try to run your IDE under administrator account (or visa versa).
- Clean up the project:
- Wipe output folder of your project.
- Check project's search paths. Make sure that your project do not contain explicit search paths to other EurekaLog version.
- Make sure that your IDE does not contain explicit search paths to other EurekaLog version.
- Be sure to clear your project from old .dcu, .obj and other generated files.
- If the error message mentions a specific unit - search your hard drive for that unit with any file extension.
- Try to run a disk-wide file search for EurekaLog and your project files. See if there are any unexpected duplicates.
- Clean up EurekaLog installation:
- Try to make a clean reinstallation by following guides in help (EurekaLog 7 guide, EurekaLog 6 guide).
- Activate the correct EurekaLog version for your IDE - via Start/Programs/EurekaLog 7/Manage menu item.
- Sometimes it's possible that IDE do not update changes in settings. Try to run Start/Programs/EurekaLog 7/Manage tool and click on "No EurekaLog" and then - on "EurekaLog 7 with IDE expert" (make sure you close IDE before doing that and make sure to run the Manage tool under administrator account).
- Try to install and configure EurekaLog manually by following this guide.
"File XYZ was compiled with different version of ABC" error
"File not found: XYZ" error
My IDE crashes with EurekaLog 7
Compiling project with EurekaLog fails with the F2084 Internal Error: URW8074
"The procedure entry point XYZ could not be located in the dynamic link library ZXY" when starting IDE with EurekaLog installed