I get "Installer's executable is not signed" / "Installer's executable has not been signed" message when installing EurekaLog on Windows 2000, Windows 2003, or Windows XP.
Missing SHA-2 (SHA-256/SHA-512) support is the reason for failed signature check on installer, because certificates for HTTPS and digital signature use SHA-2.
- Windows 2000: does not support SHA-2.
- Windows 2003: does not support SHA-2 out of the box. Support for SHA-2 can be installed by installing KB 938397 (for Service Pack 1); KB 968730 (for Service Pack 2). We also highly recommend to install KB 2868626.
- Windows XP: support for SHA-2 is available since Windows XP SP3. We also highly recommend to install KB 2868626.
- Windows 2000: please, contact our support, we will help you to install EurekaLog manually.
- Windows 2003: install Service Pack 2, install KB 968730, install KB 2868626. Verify that:
- version of crypt32.dll is 5.131.3790.5235 or higher;
- version of wcrypt32.dll is 5.131.3790.5235 or higher;
- version of rsaenh.dll is 5.2.3790.3959 or higher;
- version of w03a3409.dll is 5.2.3790.5235 or higher.
- Windows XP: install Service Pack 3, install KB 2868626. Verify that:
- version of crypt32.dll is 5.131.2600.6459 or higher;
- version of xpsp4res.dll is 5.1.2600.6459 or higher;
- version of rsaenh.dll is 5.1.2600.5507 or higher.
You can verify that SHA-2 support is available in your system by opening COMODO RSA/SHA-256 Test Site in Internet Explorer:
- If SHA-2 support is present - you will see a simple welcome text.
- If your system does not support SHA-2 - you will see "The page cannot be displayed" error message.
Download links (English versions):
- Windows XP x86:
- Windows XP x64:
- Windows 2003 x86:
- Windows 2003 x64:
You may need to obtain corresponding updates manually. E.g. if you have OS in different language.
- Please note that EurekaLog's code itself still works on Windows 2000, Windows 2003, and Windows XP systems. For example, you can develop your application on Windows 7 and deploy it on Windows 2000 - it will work just fine. Only installation of EurekaLog is not supported for Windows 2000.
- We used double-signing earlier (e.g. sign with both SHA-1 and SHA-2 at the same time). Unfortunately, our old SHA-1 certificate has expired a long time ago, and all new certificates are available in SHA-2 only. Sadly, we can no longer support installation on Windows 2000 - simply because we can not get SHA-1 certificate anymore.
I get "The connection with the server was reset" or "An error occurred in the secure channel support" errors